Saturday, July 19, 2008

Wrapped at the house, on to the forest

Things did get better after my last post, but I didn't realize something when I wrote that- I would get down on myself for going a little later than scheduled, but I didn't put the situation in perspective: We would start filming at 8:30 PM and finish at 1 or 2 AM. So that's about 5 hours, and we'd film anywhere between 5 and 7 scenes each night when that was the schedule. I think it was the time of day that threw me off, but I didn't realize we were getting things done so quickly. That's pretty neat.

So here's where we are now:

We wrapped filming at one of the main locations in the movie last night...or maybe I should say this morning. It's hard to believe that it's only been 7 days of filming; we've filmed about 50 scenes so far. Whoa. Scenes were a little longer in Pathogen, but there were only 25. And that shoot only lasted 7 days for principal photography.

Today we're going to be moving on to one of the most important locations in the movie: the forest. There are a lot of scenes here, but not quite as many as there were at the house. I'm anticipating a somewhat difficult shoot though, just because we're filming all exterior/night scenes. That doesn't mean I think the shoot won't go well, though.

The only thing I'm a little worried about is how the film will look cut together. For example, sometimes a take will look great- but I don't know for sure how well it will fit in with the scene. Or if the pacing will be right. I can't really know those things until I see something put together...

The other slight problem- due to scheduling issues, we're not sure when we're going to be filming the ending scene of the film. Can't really cut this one out...

Those are my thoughts for this afternoon- I really should get back to getting things together for tonight.

No comments: